Monday, July 18, 2005

Battling The Physiological & Psycological System...


When I was in College, a Sophomore in a Commerce Department majoring in Accounting in a University in Manila, I was requested by my English professor to replace her class temporarily; as she was leaving to attend an important engagement at that time.

The last lesson we had, has something to do with trance meditation... Our English Professor was very good at giving us good exercises which enhanced our mental and physical system. And since she has very well projected voice, she taught us how to inhale and exhale properly to enable us to freely release a flowing voice & well projected voice ourselves...

As soon as our professor left the room, I asked everyone in the room to sit and relax ....which they did while listening to me attentively. Then, I had asked them to focus while their eyes closed... to think of a nice place.... a cool flowing stream of clear water.... surrounded by green trees & green grass; all green and soft grass...with soft blowing wind; it is blowing the leaves and grass gently.... creating an air they can feel passing through their faces....to imagine the cool environment...the cool stream and the smell of the grass... I had asked them to relax as they imagine themselves sitting on the grass and observing the serenity of the flowing stream...that they have to stay there for some time.... while watching the silence of the environment....that they have to rest there for a while....

Then, to visualize themselves flying in a blue and cool sky with the breeze...flying towards soft pink clouds... flying around for sometime...enjoying the cool air and the breeze....; that they have to keep flying high till they feel they are satisfied and happy with what they have experienced in the pink clouds......
Then, I had asked everyone to open their eyes awake.....to awaken from a trance.
When my classmates opened their eyes, they streatched a little; as if after some sleep. And they told me that they felt relaxed as well as their tensions were gone... few moments later, our professor was back. She was more than delighted upon learning of what had transpired and with what I did to my classmates...

I have also read a book on how to control your system in order not to get sick; or at least cure an ailment psycologically if it is already existing...
Once you felt pain, say for instance in your stomach, imagine yourself getting inside your system. Imagine your intestines to be really healthy and with bouncing red cells... Then, imagine black cells coming along towards the red cells which caused you pain.... Imagine the red cells gobbling and turning all black cells to red cells until all of the black cells are gone...; then see all the red cells patrolling and watching all over your body circulating all over your system...; see how healthy and happy you are....How you walk and smile healthily...hear yourself speak and imagine a full colored picture of a healthy you....closer and closer....
Then step into that body and feel your new self... rejuvenated and really feel healthy.

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is a very good piece Princess. I hope I could do this in my troubled silence.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Mary Ann A. Sayson-Sillada said...

Thanks! I hope I could write more of that...
I have a column back in our college school paper... years ago called "Hodge Podge"...anything under the sun.
I have missed writing a lot...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home