Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Snow



I started to work in Vietnam in the first quarter of this year. I only go home to the Philippines during Holidays or vacation leaves.

There is a great deal of challenge working in this country. One thing is learning the Vietnamese language which is difficult to muster especially the intonations. A change of sound would mean another meaning for a single word.

I went to Hanoi and Nha Trang early this year to source factories on Handicrafts & Decorative Accessories for the U.S. & European market. But I was more excited to visit the place because I want to see and experience the snow there. It was February and the temperature was 13 degrees. However, I never had the chance to go to the mountains because my schedule was too tight.

Back in 1993 & 1994 during my business trips in the US, I thought I would have the chance to experience the snow; but I never did because my trips led me, instead, to San Francisco and LA.
The same excitement I felt when I went to China and still, I never had the elusive chance of experiencing the snow…

I know, someday soon, I will have my snow...I will make snow balls and snowman…
And experience what it means to be child again with the snow...

1 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have a snow inside me Princess, it is cold and just waiting to be formed into a snowman...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home